Featured post

Save your child's blog to your phone's homescreen

A great idea to get more involved with your child's blog. Easy to do and an easy way to remember to check up on their blog more freque...

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Encouraging in depth blogging

We had a good chat today about what good blog posts should like. We looked at some student blogs from 2015 that were of a high standard and found a few things in common. Points made by the students included that these students

  • Used personal voice
  • Used Exciting language
  • Were reflective of the learning experience
  • Stated opinions on the learning experience
  • Made posts that were about learning and did not deviate into talking about sleepovers/parties/puppies etc.
  • Used the language of a learner eg. because, I felt, I improved, I found this hard because, my next steps are.....


My aim is for all students to be at this stage by the end of the year. Like all learning experiences, it is a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I like how the picture says "nailed that blog post". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, it will be published shortly after I have checked it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit :)